Some of my good things and vibes from the past month.
Hello cupcakes and welcome back to another Sparkly Vibes post. If you remember from my first post I wanted to highlight some of the good things that have been happening. I think it’s a good way to reflect, and be thankful.
- Free time with my family. It’s been so nice just being able to spend time with them. I could get use to not having classes. I have to enjoy it before they ramp up in August.
- Online friends. Guys you are so awesome, and inspiring! Honestly I can’t believe how supportive you are.
- Traveling to NYC. It’s been too long since our last trip. So I was all for going this past weekend.
- Mac lobster…. so so good. We went to the Mac Bar in Soho and this was so yummy.
- Overwatch, if you been on my SnapChat you’ve seen that I’ve been playing just about everyday. And what is especially nice is that I won my copy from the guys over at Astral Authority.
- Twitch: I actually streamed and plan on doing more streaming. It’s been fun not just watching gamers, but people streaming other things like their cosplay process. Check out XoMiaMoore over there, and Imperialgrrl who Mia recommended and I’m glad she did. I’m streaming over at MermaidKisses feel free to add me.
- Booking my first cruise. It’s not until 2018, but I’m so excited to be going with my family.
- My Happy Planner, guys I think I finally found the right planner for me. I love it so much I’m going to be giving one away later this month. Check back for that.
- Lemonade, it’s Bey what else can I say.
- Summer, yay!!! I’m all about the beach and warm weather. I have noticed an improvement in my mood ever since the sun started staying out longer.
What are some of the good things that have happened to you? Share your sparkly vibes with me.
Hello cupcakes. So as mentioned I begun my nursing program in January, and well it has done a number to me. The stress from school, and constantly feeling overwhelmed with the amount of work that had to get done, coupled along with just everyday life/family factors had me so exhausted in every way possible at times. Halfway through the semester I decided I wanted to do something to help keep me in good spirits, and just remind me that all is not bad (some days this was harder than others). That’s when I decided I wanted to do some kind of gratitude writing. So every week I made it a point to write a “I’m thankful for” entry in my Day One journal. Basically I made a list of things I was grateful for, or things that made me happy. From trivial things like I drank my favorite tea, to more profound things. And guess what, it helped!! Reflecting on good things that are going on in my life helped me get through some of the tougher, “I give up” times.
So I have decided to bring that here to my blog, and am calling it Sparkly Vibes. Once a month I’ll make a quick list of all the things that give me sparkly vibes. I think it’s a great way to just stop and appreciate some of the things that may go unnoticed when we’re facing our day to day stressors.
- My children: We celebrated a few birthdays recently, and while it always makes my heart ache a bit seeing them grow so fast, it’s also such an amazing thing to witness.
- My classmates: Guys I have made such great connections with some of my classmates. I don’t know what I would’ve done without them. Our study sessions, and just texts keeping each other motivated helped me through so many bumps.
- Spring!!!! Flowers, the smell of rain, warmer weather, everything!!
- Floral prints: I’ve been digging all the beautiful floral prints I’ve been seeing everywhere. So many beautiful colors and patterns.
- Strong badass women: I’ve been coming across so many strong, beautiful, kick ass ladies both in media and IRL. Everywhere from Beyonce’s Lemonade video (or is it a movie? Either way it’s SO good), to women I have encountered in life. So much uplifting and positivity. I love it!!
- Banana cupcakes: I had the most moist, fluffy, delicious banana cupcakes. There are no words to explain the yumminess I experienced.
- Snapchat: I haven’t added many people, and those I have added either know how nuts I am already, or don’t know me and so I don’t care if they judge me. I feel like Snapchat is my outlet to be silly, to dance, vent, and all the other things I feel like doing, and I don’t worry about who’s seeing it. It’s not like FB where all my friends and family are, or IG where I’m just trying to share things that make me happy, or when I think I look cute. It’s just there for me to say and do what I want without overthinking.
- Hamilton: I don’t think I have to go into the millions of reasons why.
While I posted this in the beginning of May, I think from here out I will be posting this towards the end of each month. That way I can kinda recap all the good things from the month. So look for my next Sparkly Vibes post towards the end of June.
What are your Sparkly Vibes of the day? Want to do a link up and share our vibes together, just let me know. What are some of the things that help you get through some of the tougher times in life? Share all your feel goods, I love to hear about what makes others happy.